Saturday, July 28, 2012

Bye Bye Teacher Desk!

I finally did it! I parted with my teacher desk... almost. It's true that got rid of the HUGE metal desk provided by my school, but I replaced it with a cute student desk from Target. It takes up a fraction of the space and looks so much cuter!
I haven't finished decorating, but here's my new desk from Target. It's metal with a tempered glass top.

I don't miss the storage the old desk provided at all. As I cleaned out my old desk I realized that I had other storage options for most of the items I housed in the drawers. I also noticed that I was storing a lot of junk treasures that were unnecessary and were recycled immediately.

I already feel lighter and the additional floor space I created will come in very handy with my group of 32 third graders. Finally, I have enough floor space to comfortably fit all of my students.

Have you gotten rid of your teacher desk? If so, how's it working out for you?

3 comments:

  1. I found you on the new blogger hop! I had never considered getting rid of my desk, but I am now. All it does is create/collect clutter. I'm never at it. Great idea...Now you've got me thinking! I love your owls!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! Let me know what you decide about your desk. Once I made the decision, I can't believe I waited so long to do it.

      Delete
  2. I am getting rid of my teacher desk this year as well! I bet you are going to LOVE all of the space!

    You should stop by my blog and check out my teacher toolbox that is replacing my desk! I'm sure you've seen it on Pinterest!

    I'm your newest follower! I've also nominated you for TWO awards! Check it out at my blog.

    Noelle
    The Frizz in First Grade

    ReplyDelete