Monday, August 6, 2012

My Inspiration for Owls

I know.. two posts in one day, WOW! I have had many friends and family ask how I came to the decision to use an owl decor in my classroom this year. Many think it is because of the many cute owl items available in the marketplace today, but that was not my inspiration, they just serve to make my decision easier to implement. I have a friend who is a talented artist. She has the CUTEST studio in Newport Beach, California. It was even featured on The Real Housewives of OC when the ladies took a painting class there for their show. I too paint there from time to time.
Timree had this CUTE owl painting hanging in her studio and it caught my eye. I just had to have it! Now, it hangs in my classroom as my inspiration of my new classroom design.




If you want to check out Timree and her awesome handpainted items (ceramics, paintings, school and office supplies, painting parties and classes, etc.) just click here. You won't be sorry!


2 comments:

  1. Love it! I have a classroom owl theme too!

    I found you on Made it Monday linky!
    I am having a 300 follower giveaway with lots of goodies, so be sure to stop by my blog
    Layla

    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Layla,

    I will head to your blog right now. Thanks for coming by. Hope you liked it!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete