Monday, August 6, 2012

My First Monday Made It!



I am excited to join with 4th Grade Frolics this week for Monday Made It! I have been working in my classroom a little here and there when my son's busy schedule permits it. I had an old rusted student desk in my room that I used to hold the AlphaSmarts inside, pencil sharpener and pencil bins on top and the computer waiting list. It looked awful. It didn't match our student desks... I can't even remember where it came from. I decided it was time for a make over. I was so excited that I forgot to take a "before" picture. After masking the top and chrome legs, I painted it with RustOleum primer for rusted metal. I let that dry and then went for it. I painted it bright blue to match some of the bulletin boards and accents in my room. It turned out pretty good. It sure looked better than before! I searched and searched for Contact Paper that fit my classroom culture. I was not enthused with the results of my search, but settled for this black and white pattern. It doesn't look too bad. Definitely better than the chipped and stained wood grain top. This looks too pretty for the pencil sharpener now. I put it by my mailbox center and door as a welcome station. Can't wait to show it off to my fellow teachers and students!

Have a great week! I am not sure if I will post again since we are leaving Friday for Hawaii! We don't start school until September 5th.



6 comments:

  1. September 5th!? You lucky duck!!!

    Your desk looks super nice! Can't wait to see more!!

    Ashley @ Fierce in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! My classroom decor is owls too! They are so awesome!

    Katie @ Sixth Grade Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your desk turned out great! Hawaii? Sept. 5th? Wow! Your blog design is too cute!!

    Kelly
    Teaching Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That looks amazing!
    Have fun in Hawaii!
    Amy
    Where Seconds Count

    ReplyDelete